SMP SUMMER 2020 COVID-19 PolicyUpdatedSaturday May 23, 2020 bySteven Meacham.
SHADES MOUNTAIN PARK (SMP) FACILITY USE POLICY Summer 2020
This Policy applies to all SMP-affiliated teams using SMP facilities during Summer 2020 (defined as from May 2020 through August 2020), and is in addition to all other policies, requirements, guidelines, and restrictions of state and local authorities or other host parks. SMP makes no representations regarding, and bears no responsibility for, the safety of any person at any event at SMP during the Summer 2020, including but not limited to practices, scrimmages, and tournament events.
1. General. No player, coach, parent, guardian, family member, or other guest/attendee may attend, or participate in, a team event at SMP unless they sign the SMP Player and Family Participation Waiver attached hereto.
2. Illness. No player, coach, parent, guardian, family member, or other guest/attendee may attend, or participate in, a team event while having any flu or corona-like symptoms, including without limitation: (i) fever, (ii) cough, (iii) congestion, (iv) aches, (v) shortness of breath, and/or (vi) upset stomach. It is the responsibility of each player and his family to ensure compliance with this requirement.
3. Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk. Any player, coach, parent, guardian, family member, or other guest/attendee who attends or participates in a team event does so voluntarily and having acknowledged the current global health crisis and unconditionally assumes the risk associated with said attendance and/or participation.
4. Head Coach Responsibility. Each team Head Coach shall be responsible for administering and monitoring that team practices and games are conducted in compliance with this Policy and the Guidelines for Reopening SMP attached hereto, , the current State of Alabama “Safer at Home” Order and the guidance of the CDC and Alabama Department of Public Health.
5. Individual Player Responsibility. Each player shall be responsible for (i) sanitizing his own equipment before and after each event (equipment includes gloves, helmets, hats, and bats), and (ii) providing his own water bottle (labeled by name), which may not be shared with other team members.
6. Team Responsibility. The Team, including players, coaches, parents, guardians, family members, or other guests/attendees shall be responsible for adhering to all aspects of this Policy, the Guidelines for Reopening SMP attached hereto, the current State of Alabama “Safer at Home” Order and the guidance of the CDC and Alabama Department of Public Health.
7. Compliance with Host Park Regulations. Each team agrees to comply with all rules,
regulations, restrictions, and conditions imposed by any host park at which it is playing.
8. Ultimate Responsibility. It is the responsibility of each player, parent, guardian, family member, or other guest/attendee to ensure his or her own safety. SMP has no responsibility for, and make no representations, warranties, or guarantees with respect to, anyone’s safety.
|SMP Summer 2020 Policy and Waiver - Final Approved.pdf|